Information Meeting: February 22, 2011 7PM CHS Choir room
The experiences provided will empower students to explore, develop, create and perform to their fullest potential, preparing them for colleges and careers in the performing arts. The academy exists within Cranford High School, but extends beyond the confines of the school day and school community; allowing students access and freedom to specialize in their area of interest.
1. To allow for the exploration and in-depth
development of skills, knowledge and understandings in a focused area of study
in the performing arts.
2. To provide intensive blocks of time to study within and extended outside the traditional school day and school environment.
3. To provide exposure to professionals in the performing arts by bringing in consultants for enrichment within our studios and by studying outside in the professional world of the performing arts.
4. To ensure that the study encompasses the whole art by including the areas of the aesthetics, historical, cultural and critiquing aspects of the art through creating and performing.
5. To develop individualized plans through an advisor program to assist and nurture each student in reaching their fullest potential.